Feb 19, 2011

David Cook in Galveston on 7/5/09Image via Wikipedia



American Idol bloggers have always had spoilers at some time or another.  But are they worth it?

I read some spoilers today but decided not to post them.  I'm wishing I didn't even read them now.

American Idol comes but once a year.  It doesn't really last very long at all.  Just a few short months.

It's fun to surmise and make predictions, but when someone posts events before they happen, I think people are getting short changed.  It's like when your friend says "you've got to see this movie" and proceeds to tell you the ending.  It isn't fun anymore.

American Idol can be very entertaining if you don't take it too seriously.  Yes, it's serious.  Someone is going to be crowned the American Idol with plenty of benefits, but I mean the silly stuff.

Most bloggers are very classy about it.  Yes, they will tell you the spoiler but only if you want to "click that link" or keep reading.  Spoiler is a pretty powerful word.  And I think it might be overused in certain cases.

I'm not sure what you all think, but I for one would rather be surprised.

Well, this has just been on my mind today and thought I would post.  I'm a huge fan of American Idol, but I would rather watch the show to find out what happens, when it happens.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Donate

Care to help a new Grandma out with a cup of coffee?